Dear NOM Diary,
A cup of coffee + coconut milk (with a splash of sugar-free amaretto syrup)
I had plans to meet a friend at an Italian restaurant for lunch, and had agreed before realizing said restaurant (chain) didn’t have many healthy options on their menu. Because of that, I decided to eat before going, so that wouldn’t be tempted to finish my meal (and—bonus—leftovers!).
- Plain Greek yogurt (1.5 servings– gotta hit that protein goal!) with PB2 (1 serving), blackberries (10), and a few splashes of vanilla extract
(Seriously, though, I don’t know why I haven’t been putting PB2 in my yogurt until now. Less calories/carbs than my typical TBSP of chia seeds and the same amount of protein. Win-win!)
- Restaurant Meal: Caprese Salad + Chicken (⅓ order) + Glass of Pinot Noir
- Flight of stout/porter beer (this was a surprise–a delicious, delicious surprise)
(Fast broken at 11:00 A.M.)
Leftover spaghetti squash from yesterday, so I decided to twice bake it with some tomatoes and garlic. For protein, I’ve kept it easy with a simple baked tilapia (celery salt, thyme, paprika, and pepper). And, one of our eggplants was on the verge of going bad, so I cubbed it and roasted it with garlic salt, pepper, and thyme, as well.
This was enough food for me, but my husband usually wants a little more, so I put out the leftovers carrots from yesterday’s meal, and a Zesty White Bean and Tomato recipe from the day before that, though I didn’t partake of these extras.
(Fast begins at 6:30 P.M.)
- Serving of dehydrated pineapple rings (3)
- Perfectly-ripened pear (1)
- Half bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon
- Day Two: Pilates 21 Day Challenge (15 MIN)
- Mobility Recovery (15 MIN)
- Full Body Barre (35 MIN)
- Cardio (35MIN)
- Pilates– Core Focus (20 MIN)
- Total: 2 HRS
It looks like today’s theme (unexpectedly) is tomatoes! One of my favorite fruits 🙂
… and wine… oops.
Making the most of a high calorie day by countering it with clean, clean, CLEAN foods. And, yes, I allow myself to indulge in wine/beer every once in a while. At least once a week.
Have you followed my October 12, 2017 diary? Let me know what you thought in the comments, or tag #CopyMyEats on Instagram or Twitter!